Dartford, St. Anselm

   
   
Info and pictures: http://www.tickell-organs.co.uk

 

This compact two manual and pedal organ was completed during December 1994. The upper case contains Great and Pedal on a common soundboard, with a small brustwerk Swell beneath. The case
is of white Oak, with Limewood carvings.

The carved panels in front of the Swell portray the story of Pope Gregory sending Augustine to England in AD 597 to found the See of Canterbury. St. Anselm, to whom the church is dedicated, was himself Archbishop of Canterbury from 1093 -1109. The four panels depict: Gregory with a dove whispering in his ear and holding a scroll with the inscription Non Angli sed Angeli, a shield with crossed Saxon crowns representing the King and Queen of Kent, a second shield representing the voyage of Augustine, and finally a figure of Anselm himself.

   
   

Dartford screens in front of Swell

The pipeshades in the upper case contain doves, symbolic of the Holy Spirit.

   

Dartford console

   
The stoplist:  
Great:
Open Diapason 8
Chimney Flute 8
Principal 4
Fifteenth 2
Mixture IV
Trumpet 8
Swell:
Stopped Diapason 8
Salicional 8
Flute 4
Gemshorn 2
Larigot 1 1/3
Sesquialtera II
Pedal:
Subbass 16
Octave 8



3 couplers
   

Home
Back to last page